Sunday, May 31, 2009

Miracle of Emergency Bus Rides


For those of you who say that the bus is impossible to navigate:


I discovered a pain in my teeth, and had to notify my boss so that I could go immediately to the dentist. Of course, that was the day that I had no car, so I made a tentative appointment with my dentist, informing him that I might be late due to a lack in vehicle. I left work at 1:15, was at my home in northwest Austin near Braker by 2:00pm to get my car, and I made a 2:30 dental appointment. If I had known the bus schedules as I know them now, I wouldn't have even gotten my car.


Many people complain that their lives are too complicated to add public transportation to the mix. Many parents say that their children have too many after school activities for public transportation. I would ask those people to take the buses for a day, and see just how relaxing it is not to deal with traffic or the stress of finding a place to park. More parenting guides are encouraging a more hands off approach, so maybe parents could encourage more public transit instead of forcing themselves to drive all over town. One of my colleagues takes the bus, and she has two children, and I've seen many parents riding the bus with their children.

No comments: